Monday, 21 February 2011

Antique Textile Fair

Japanese Embroidery UK will be exhibiting at the Antique Textile Fair in Manchester on 6th March. For those of you who are interested in Kimono and Japanese textiles, Sheila, from here, will be attending will a stand overflowing with beautiful kimono for sale. The fair is run by The Textile Society and is a must for enthusiasts interested in buying antique and vintage costumes and textiles to collect, wear or discover. The selection is vast with 130 stands from, the UK, Europe and worldwide, selling Oriental & Eastern European costumes & textiles; English costumes & textiles, fans, lace and linens as well as plenty of vintage clothes & textiles.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Wish I could go, I'm sure it will be a lovely show! I am a Japanese Embroidery student in the USA. I'm curious about the portable frame stand I see in the photo, I haven't seen one like that before. Do you know where these were purchased from?

Well, I should get stitching......

Christine
Oakton, VA, USA

Jane said...

Hi Christine, it'll be a lovely day I'm sure, I've visited the fair before and it is always full of wonderful things.
The stands were made by a contact here in the UK. I'm sure some of the contacts on the JE group on stitching fingers would know where you could get one similar in the US.
jane

Christine said...

Thanks Jane - I'll give Stitchin Fingers a try.

Christine said...

No luck so far on the Stitchin Fingers group.

On another topic, the date of the Opening Reception for the USA 2011 World Exhibition has been changed to April 15th, 2011.

Christine

Christine said...

I've had no luck on Stitchin Fingers.

FYI, the date for the Opening Reception of the USA 2011 World Exhibition has been changed to Friday, April 15th, 2011.

Christine